Sign in to follow this  
auto

Simple photo slide show using Rasberry Pi ?

I just want to create an off-the-grid photo slideshow. I have a Raspberry Pi 3, an old monitor, a USB keyboard/mouse, a USB flash drive,  I want to display my photos from the USB flash drive. I don't want the cloud, WiFi, weather reports, or any other crap.  Are any instructions available?

I did everything exactly as instructed but I got the message "no loadable images specified".  Was it supposed to load a default image? Where do I put my images?

In step 2, you replace the /media/NASHDD1/test with the path to your images. Your images can be anywhere you wish but you need to update that part of the command. 

If you don't update it, then it will throw that error as the path unlikely exists. There are no default images for feh to display. 

My mistake. As setup, using /media/NASHDD1/test  , can I now put images on a flash drive in a directory named "test" or is it more complicated than that? Also, does each usb port have a unique name?

Each USB port will have a unique name. 

You should be able to see the name of your USB drive by using the following command.

ls /media/pi/

It should look something like IC50-B61A

If you're on Raspbian lite then you will need to do it manually by doing something like what's explained in this tutorial. Alternatively you can try using the usbmount package.

If drive is formatted in either exFAT or NTFS then you will need to install the appropriate packages.